A Quick Guide to Med Spas, What They Are, and How They Can Help You
If you’re looking into enhancing your look but don’t want to go under the knife, you can opt for non-surgical cosmetic procedures, which can help improve your appearance without using invasive techniques. Like surgical procedures, non-surgical cosmetic procedures also target the skin’s layers to effect change.
Some of the common non-surgical cosmetic procedures available include dermal fillers, non-surgical rhinoplasty, and Botox. A med spa can offer such procedures. It provides a mix of the services offered by traditional day spas and those by medical clinics.
But what is a med spa and what can it do for you? When looking up med spas, what features or services should you take note of?
What is a Med Spa?
A med spa, also known as a medical spa or a medi-spa, provides non-surgical cosmetic procedures, such as Botox, laser hair removal, and microdermabrasion. Unlike traditional day spas, which focus primarily on offering rest and relaxation, med spas are affiliated with or run by a doctor. Each procedure is done or supervised by a licensed physician, like a dermatologist or a board-certified plastic surgeon.
What Can Med Spas Do for You?
Treatment options can vary largely from one med spa to another. Traditional spa services, like massages and facials, are usually offered. Med spas are also able to provide specialized treatment options, like laser treatments, injectables, and chemical peels.
At Palmer Cosmetic Surgery, we offer the following treatment options:
Micro-needling with radio frequency is a minimally invasive non-surgical cosmetic procedure that uses a specialized microneedling device to treat skin issues such as:
- Fine lines
- Acne scars
- Stretch marks
- Enlarged pores
This painless procedure can be done as a post-operative treatment for liposuction and abdominoplasty. It’s used to break down scar tissue, tighten the skin, and reduce fat and cellulite. Ultra-cavitation treatments typically last between 30 to 60 minutes and may require three to six treatments.
- TruSculpt Flex
TruSculpt Flex is a personalized body sculpting treatment that can increase your muscle mass to up to 30%. This method uses multi-direction stimulation (MDS) to shape, firm, and tone your body. It offers three treatment options that emulate the effects of intense crunches, squats, and twists.
Thermi treatments work by delivering energy to the skin. This, in turn, can rejuvenate and tighten the skin, making it look smoother and younger. In Fort Lauderdale, Palmer Cosmetic Surgery is the leading provider of Thermi treatments. We offer the following Thermi treatments:
- ThermiTight for tightening skin
- ThermiVa for vaginal rejuvenation
- ThermiSmooth for stimulating the collagen in the skin to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
What to Look for in a Med Spa
It can be tough to find the right med spa for your needs. When selecting one, here are some of the things you should do:
- Review the treatments they offer to see if they have the services you need.
- Check their online reviews to have a better idea of the med spa’s track record, customer satisfaction rates, and overall performance. High or good reviews indicate that a med spa is reputable. Don’t forget to check not only their official website or social media accounts but also their business listings on online directories like Google or Yelp.
- Assess their credentials, the quality of their facilities and equipment, and their performance. Don’t be afraid to ask questions that can help you gauge the provider’s capabilities and. Ask for before and after photos of patients. Inquire about the certifications or trainings that the clinic’s personnel have.
- Get to know their protocols. Patients have different needs and pre-developed protocols may provide substandard results. It’s important that a med spa offers customized treatment options that are tailored to suit your needs.
If you’re ready to get non-surgical cosmetic procedures, you’re probably wondering “Is there a med spa near me?” The good news is, there is.
Palmer Cosmetic Surgery can enhance your appearance and give you natural-looking results without having to worry about the downtime that typically comes with major or invasive surgical procedures. We offer an extensive range of minimally invasive, non-surgical cosmetic procedures that cover almost every cosmetic concern.
Prior to every treatment, we take great care to evaluate each patient to determine your needs. We’ll walk you through treatment options that’d give you the look—and feeling— you’ve always wanted.
Call us today and request for a consultation. Our skilled and knowledgeable staff, led by Dr. Palmer, can help you jumpstart your journey to a better you.